Sunday, January 1, 2012

Our Children- Our Legacy

I want to introduce myself.  I am a married mother with a family of 4 children.  Over the years, I have interacted with youth through my volunteer work with 4-H, school organizations, church and sports teams.  I love my own children and deeply care about the welfare and growth of all children.  I really wanted to create a blog that will generate thought and discussion regarding the care and development of our communities' youth.

In this first post, I want to share my thoughts on our nation's children.  I feel our country's future depends upon changing the direction that our society has taken regarding our children.  I see too many cases of people bringing children into this world with little thought on the responsibility that is bestowed upon parents.
It is my view that children's care and upbringing should be a parent's/family's first priority.

As I have lived my life, I have realized that the old saying, " You can't take it with you." is so true.  The material things we Americans seem bent on accumulating will mean nothing when we leave this world.  The way that each of us can really have an impact on the future is by making sure we do everything in our power to raise children who will strive to make keep our country great.  This means giving them a sense of their worth and abilities; giving them a work ethic; teaching them to continue to learn and improve; giving them the abilitiy to love others and most of all, teaching them the value of family and faith. I think that our children are any parent's true legacy?  Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment